Friday 23 March 2012

Homogenised Edit


Second year exhibition is fast approaching. As is the Easter break. I don't go home for another week so I'm using the time to think about work. The word 'homogenisation' keeps going around in my head and is starting to shape where this project is going in terms of edits, sequences, etc. Thinking about the exhibition piece being interactive and allowing people to have fun with images and different sequences.

All the images were made whilst "having fun", either generally or with photography as a medium itself. They were all taken over the past seven months and there are 65 of them in all. I've made an edit of around 22 to go on the website for now. Take a look by clicking the link below. Online the images are categorised quite strictly and I may change the edit later. There are links between each image in terms of colour, content and composition, but the order can change quite easily to give new meaning. I'm yet to think of a practical way to do that online, but I like the idea of setting out this edit on a gallery wall and anyone being able to come along and change it to how they see fit. But that may not be too practical either...

I'm going to keep thinking and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment