Wednesday 15 August 2012

Camera Obscura





Every morning whilst being at home this summer, I've woken up to a pretty cosmic light display on my ceiling.

Every morning I say to myself, "Go get your camera!" But by the time I've sleepily dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom, I've forgotten all about it. But not this morning! Took a few photos whilst, very suitably, listening to the Cocteau Twins. On cassette. Old school.

On closer inspection, I figured out what it was: an unintentional kind of abstract, stretched-out camera obscura. The red is from a van parked across the street. The green from nearby trees. When the light is just right I can make out their outlines, but the images change everytime the wind blows through my curtains.

Click the pictures to see bigger versions and bask in those colours. They're a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment