Friday 8 November 2013

'Looking at Life' Mixtape Preview


It's a busy news day today...

Follow up to my last project Automatically Sunshine is well underway. It's called Looking at Life. The tapes have arrived and the first side of the tape is finalised. I've also got a lot of photos to sequence and no doubt more to take.

I'm getting really excited about it and I'm not very good at sitting on things until they're finished - a really bad habit. I've barely made a start on the accompanying photobook so it's going to be a good few months before it sees the light of day and I'm getting fidgety. Plus I've been neglecting digital mix website 8tracks terribly. I devoted most of my first year at uni to that site and the fact I stopped at 97 mixes is bugging me. Might as well make it to 100! This is No. 98.

So here are a few tracks that my life depends on at the minute. Less than half appear in full on the completed mix, most are edited, chopped and screwed in a proper mixtape fashion, but regardless I hope you'll agree that they're good songs to live by and reflect with. The actual mixtape means more to me than any mix that has come before it so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment