Saturday 11 July 2015

Ffotogallery Workshop for Penarth Summer Festival




I've been working as the exhibitions officer at Ffotogallery since February. The gallery has been making appearances in most of my posts since then and is also affecting how frequently those posts appear on here. Last month's singular entry is haunting me a little bit...

Today I ran my first workshop at the gallery to coincide with Penarth's summer festival. We were exploring and photographing the town's community, taking inspiration from the current exhibition, Jon Tonks' Empire. After an hour or so wandering around, we each chose 2 of our favourite images and made a collective edit of them, thinking about why we took the pictures we did and, collectively, what they say about us and Penarth itself. It went really well and the full edit will be on the gallery's Facebook and Flickr pages from Tuesday next week. These are a few of my pictures from today that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment