Thursday 3 January 2013

Agnes Martin Resolution


I don't usually share things on this blog that aren't photographs (excluding the occasional mix tape) but it's the start of a new year and that seems to have happened without consequence: no New Year's Day hangover; no instant nostalgia for a summer of royalism and sports (this past summer was amazing for totally different reasons); no meaningful self-reflection or half-hearted declarations of imminent personal change. Nothing needs to be added, changed, regretted or jinxed.

But that doesn't feel right. Maybe I need to be more proactive in my self-criticism and get with the times. I'll decide on that at a later date.

However, for now, I have decided that if I were to have a New Year's resolution, it'd be to be more like Agnes Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment